Birthday cupcakes

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Last weekend we celebrated a birthday, Father's Day and a wedding anniversary for Jim's parents all in one big family event.  Everyone brought pizzas to share, Jill brought fresh greens from her garden and also some fresh hood strawberries she had recently picked. Linda brought her specialty---the birthday cake.There is always plenty of laughter and good times when we all get together.  How blessed we are that we all live in the area and can do this several times a year.
Over the next couple of days I'm going to share the cards I made for these occasions.  Today I am sharing the one I made for Lynn's birthday.  I traced a die-cut cloud and modified it slightly to make it look more like the top of a cupcake and less like a cloud. After cutting it out, I used it as a guide to help me draw an appropriate-sized bottom. I did the same for the candles. They started out way to big! After much trimming, they finally fit on the card and looked right for the cupcake. Dimensional adhesive behind it, some ribbon and a bow...and voila!  This card was inspired by one I saw on Kristina Werner's blog.  She has an amazing talent for making cards and I get a lot of ideas from her.

Patterned papers from Basic Grey Kioshi collection

9 comments:

okanogangirl said...

This is beautiful! I love the use of Kioshi in this application. I found it hard to use, but this is perfect.

Heather M said...

Very nice job on the cupcake. I thought the patterned paper looked like Basic Grey. I love the colors & the white bow really sets off the colors.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A very pretty card! Love your choice of colors and paper, I also checked out Kristina's card blog...gorgeous! Have a good weekend!

VanEvera Family Blog said...

beautiful card! I love your cupcake!

Tracey Sabella said...

What a gorgeous card, Steffanie. Gorgeous work with these Basic Grey papers!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Beth Hallgren said...

Love those papers and your card!

Kelly Jean said...

Super cute card. Love it!

Linda said...

Fabulous card! Love the icing cloud! Your June sounds like mine. Definitely more cards than layouts.

Kelly Foster said...

This is very pretty!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS