ScrapFIT #67---Good Times

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Time for another ScrapFIT Workout!  This one challenges you to come up with fun and creative ways to use a doily on your project.  I chose to make flowers with mine.  It's super easy!  I found a quick tutorial right HERE.  
  In addition to the flowers, I also cut up a doily and layered the pieces beneath my patterned paper/photo block for a border effect.
I misted all of the doilies used with Glimmer Mist in Pearl before adding them to my layout.  The white edge effect was created by sanding the edges of the patterned paper with a sanding block purchased at a local home improvement store.
 Patterned paper and stickers are from Echo Park's Happy Days collection.

If you'd like to join us at ScrapFIT for this workout, be sure to link up your project and be eligible for a prize generously provided by our sponsor:
  Simply Paper Dusty Attic Retailer / http://www.etsy.com/shop/vickyalberto?ref=em

9 comments:

csewy said...

I love your doily flowers and border, so cute!! Also, the bright & fun pp and layering!! Great photo, too!

Devra said...

Seriously LOVE how you made the doilies into scallops and a flower to suit your style!

Devra said...

Seriously LOVe how you made the doilies into scallops and a flower that matches your style!

Erin Blegen said...

Great page, Steffanie- love how you've used your doilies in a "different" way (a part of the challenge I kinda sorta missed- just thought we were supposed to use a doily, lol!)~ The patterns on this page a so fun and I love your hidden journaling, especially the pull tab you used for it! Great work :)~

Ashley Horton said...

Love it Steffanie!!! The doily flowers are so cute and I love you cut the others to make the border beneath your photo!!

KellyF said...

Very pretty, Steffanie!! I love the doily flowers, I haven't seen that before, great idea! I also love the layers of borders, very nice.

Caroli said...

Loved this challenge! I am so participating :)
Cute layout, I love how you used the doily for creating a flower, very creative!

Lynn said...

Doily flowers? This is genius! What an awesome layout. I love this!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great page, Steffanie! LOVE the way you've used those doilies! Don't you wish the camera did the Glimmer Mist justice?! And your polka dot ric-rac is too cute!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS