Note to Self...

Friday, May 18, 2012

...I love this collection!  I didn't know how much until I got to create with it for my latest Craft Warehouse assignment.  It's no secret that Echo Park is probably one of my favorite manufacturers and I did a happy dance when I found out I would be getting some in the mail!!
As usual, there were 3 projects to create...

First up is my altered item.  I chose to do the journal and make it into a collection of favorite sketches.  I don't sketch myself, but I love to use sketches.  I thought this would be a cute way to print and paste my favorite ones so that I could take them with me to crops!
 
 
 

Next is Layout #1.  I chose to create my own patterned paper using the numbers stencil that I was sent.  I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool and one of his red distress inks and just kept inking until I got a pretty intense color.  It serves as the backdrop for my title in the upper right.  There is also a tiny piece of it in the bottom middle square as an accent behind a phrase.  After cutting out the view-master reel, I used a 1/4" square punch to expose the openings.  There is a piece of clear film behind it but that's difficult to see in the photos.  
 

Last up is Layout #2.  The vinyl embellishment, I adore you, was another item that I was sent and needed to include.  It originally had a scallop circle around it but it just wasn't working for me so I punched it off.  I love the view-master paper and just had to use more of it!  I knew I wanted to use the word view in my layout along with the reels and the layout just kind of evolved from there.
 
 

 Thank you, Craft Warehouse for letting me work with Echo Park!  And especially this collection that is so versatile!  Now I need to re-create these for myself!! ;-)

Other notes about these projects:
Design for last layout from a Sketch Support
Wood veneer shapes from Studio Calico
Numbers stencil from The Crafter's Workshop
Vinyl from Decorating Your Life

12 comments:

Lynn said...

All your projects are GORGEOUS! I love all the details, and you did an amazing job using the EP line!

Heather M said...

That is pretty bold color with the distress ink. I also like the ribbon grid. I might have to scraplift that sometime. The viewmaster reel is pretty neat.

Moongirl said...

I love all these projects! That journal is a great idea. And I never would have known that you created that number paper!

Andrea said...

I love it all! great projects!

PattyC said...

Adorable! I love the book. Great idea!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Love your project....the ribbon grid and neat stitching and distressing inks in the first layout and how you reworked some of the items, a very neat look on both lo's. Love all of the detail!

JJsMomSteph said...

I just love the view finders! I really like the design of layout #2!

Beth Hallgren said...

Great idea for the sketches! LOVE your grid layout!!!

Sagecat said...

Your projects are all so creative and special. Your grid design is so detailed and really tells your story. Love the sketch notebook!

Ashley Horton said...

HOLY MOLY Steffanie...I LOVE how you used this collection!! I am in love with it too! Your notebook is totally awesome...and hey, that sketch looks familiar!! ;) I love the design on both of your layouts...EP might just need you on their DT!! :)

Linda said...

Great projects1 Steffanie!I love everything you did with the wonderful Note To Self collection! I especially love your sketch book. So nice that you made something useful for YOURSELF!!

photochic said...

How CUTE, Steffanie! I love love LOVE this collection and what you did with it! :) I love the the stitching on the projects, especially the layout! I love all of your projects, though!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS