Love my Mom

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My mom is pretty terrific.  She is always there for me and frequently doing more for me than I probably ever do for her.  For instance, on Mother's Day I gave her this card.  Nice as it may be, that's all I gave her besides a hug and a kiss and an "I love you".  She, on the other hand, brings me a hanging basket with freshly potted flowers (that she did herself) and some potted daisies from her garden so that I could plant some of my own.  How wonderful is that?  During the summer months she often gives me fresh cut flowers (again from her own garden) or fruits and vegetables that she has grown herself.  She doesn't give with money...she give with her heart.  Which is so much better.  I'm such a lucky daughter.  What really gets me...it's Mother's Day...not Daughter's Day.  I need to be a better daughter.  Thanks, Mom.  For all you do.

Product info:
Patterned papers-Crate Paper Farmhouse collection
Border punch-Martha Stewart Doily Lace
Scallop punch-Stampin' Up! (used for flower)
Sentiment-Close to My Heart 

4 comments:

Erin Blegen said...

What a beautiful, almost rustic card! I love the hint of burlap, especially with these papers. Beautiful work :).

Beth Hallgren said...

Beautiful card and sentiments Steffanie :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A very pretty card...love the flower and doily!

Heather M said...

Very nice card. I like your flower with the brad & ribbon. Of course, I like the border too.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS