ScrapFIT workout #66

Sunday, April 15, 2012

We have a color inspiration challenge up for you!  The colors are sand, mint and cherry.  Diana Fisher, our creative trainer, provided a lovely photo inspiration piece that you can check out at ScrapFIT.  
For my layout, I chose to use the Winterland collection from Fancy Pants.  It provided the soft mint and pops of cherry and then I added some burlap for the sand.  I love the look of burlap!  It adds so much visual interest and texture to a page.  
I added some stitching across the title and underneath the bottom row of photos.  Another one of my favorite ways to add interest and texture.
 The large title letters and the  snowflakes were cut using my Silhouette.  I cut them in 3 different sizes so that I could layer them.  They are sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Pearl although you can't see that in these photos.  It did help them to curl up though!  I added tiny cut burlap circles and rhinestone brads along with punched circles in cherry.
 The design comes from a sketch by Ashley Horton.  It's this month's Sketch It Out challenge at Club CK.  I love her sketches and this just might be one of my faves!  

I hope you will join me over at ScrapFIT for Workout #66.  If you play along and link your project, you will be entered into a random drawing to win a prize from our sponsor:
 

12 comments:

ScrappinEweRobyn said...

I absolutely love your LO! The colors are so striking. I will have to keep that combo in mind for a LO. I so love the use of burlap esp. in the center of the snowflakes. I love the curling toooooooo..........found this happens with crackle too, by accident.

Heather M said...

I like the colors in your LO, the stitching & layered snowflakes.

Moongirl said...

This is stunningly gorgeous! I love it! I love the snowflakes, the stitching, the burlap, all yummy!

Megan D said...

How adorable!!! I love all the PP.

Pamela said...

This is beautiful! I love it! :)

Pamela said...

This is beautiful!! I love it! (you should post it on Fancy Pants' Facebook page)

andi said...

love that color combo & the burlap adds so much yummy texture!

Ange said...

Love that lo! The stitching is wonderful and I love the layered border.

Devra said...

beautiful. I like the b&w photos with the color scheme.

Lean said...

This is beautiful great stiching and i love the piece of fabric.
byebye,Lean

Queenie said...

Love this layout..title,picture and papers!!
Soo glad i stopped by from CK.
xoxo

Debbie P said...

What a gorgeous layout! Love the use of a burlap strip.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS