ScrapFIT Workout #65

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Finally a new layout to share.  The down side of doing layouts for a design team is not being able to share your finished layout until a set date.  This one has been done for over a week but I couldn't share until today.  Our challenge this time is called Good Ol' Boys.  You can check out the details at ScrapFIT.
Now, for my layout!
Please read this as "I must-ash you this...", a little play on words.  My family chooses to read this as "must ache" (like I want to hurt you), making me want to change how I spelled it.  But the letters are stuck...really stuck.  So it will stay the way it is and I hope it's just not that hard for readers to figure out.  To me it seems obvious---mustaches all over the page...read "mustache". 
I received this collection of Echo Park's Times & Seasons from my Secret Santa this past Christmas and I have been wanting to use it for something like this.  This challenge was perfect for getting these papers out and taking some fun photos of the boys.
I used my Silhouette to cut the mustache for my page and also for the boys to mask-up in for the photos.  The smaller letters were also cut with my Silhouette.  I folded/pleated the green patterned paper and applied some flat gems to give it a secured look.
Just a fun page to create.  I actually had this entire layout pretty well done before I had even taken the photos.  It was all planned in my head.  I just worked around my plan until I had a chance to take some pics of the boys.  I used 4x3 pieces of vellum in their place until then.  It came out pretty much as planned!

I hope you will come play along with us at ScrapFIT this month.  Here is what you could win:
 

9 comments:

Heather M said...

Cute LO. I know what you mean about not sharing your LOs. Although I am not on a dt, I finished a LO yesterday for the blog hop next weekend. Cant wait to share. Those flowers & hearts are pretty. I am sure whoever wins them will love them.

GLOANN said...

Very cute, Steffi. Your predone LO worked out beautifully.

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Very cool, Steffanie! :)

csewy said...

This is so darn cute!! I love the play on words and the fun photos, I'm sure the boys had a good time with this photo session!! So glad that you were finally able to share your lo....love it!! I posted one yesterday of Ava that turned out cute!!

Tulip Scrapper said...

Stef, I can totally see this being done beforehand with the pictures added later. You did an excellent job.

photochic said...

Ca-ute! I love the mustache paper and the placement of everything on this layout! That pleated green paper strip with the 3 brads attaching it to the layout is adorable!!!

Moongirl said...

What a fun layout! Love the staches!

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

Wow, this is so much fun!! Thanks for the back-story too! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Queenie said...

Brilliant love that title!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS