Most loved bear

Monday, March 5, 2012

He is Andrew's best friend and constant companion.  He's his first and last thought every day (and multiple times in between).  Meet Teddy...the most loved bear in our home and quite possibly, all the world.  I've been wanting to create a page about this special bond for a long time.  The current ISSUE challenge at Club CK gave me just the right nudge.  The challenge is to create a layout that highlights a special friendship.  I knew immediately this was the time to get it done.  Incidentally, I had recently asked Andrew to write a letter to Teddy telling him what he means to him so I could make a page about them.  I told him we could keep it private by tucking it into a pocket or envelope.  He liked that idea.  After writing his letter he shared it with me and asked me to make sure that no one would see it, like we had discussed.  So I made a pocket and tucked it away.  Although I can't tell you what he wrote, I will say that it's very heartwarming.  He even drew a picture.

I chose the colors for this page based on the meanings for friendship that they symbolize.  Brown for comfort (that Teddy provides) and red for love (that Andrew has for him).  The white and black were added for contrast.  I started with a sketch from Ashley Horton.  She has started a new monthly sketch challenge called Sketch It Out, also at Club CK.  Along with the sketch, she threw in a twist---we needed to use woodgrain, hexagons or a chevron pattern on our layout.  I designed a hexagon template with my Silhouette and then made some white spray mist to create a subtle background.  At first I wasn't sure I was happy with the effect, but now that the page is done, I really like how it looks. 
 

The envelope and title letters for loved and bear were also created with my Silhouette.  The fonts are CK Ali's Hand and Bubblebody.  The felt letters are old Thickers.  Rub-on words and boy with bear are from October Afternoon's Nigh Light collection.  Love patterned paper is from Echo Park's Playground collection. 

I had a lot of fun with this layout.  As is usual, it morphed into something other than what was pictured in my mind...but that's okay.  It happens and usually for the better.  I'm very happy with it and Andrew loves it!

12 comments:

Cassie said...

WOW! I just love this layout! Love how you sprayed the hexagons. And that silhouette cut-out is adorable!!

okanogangirl said...

Brilliant use of the Silhouette for this page!

Megan D said...

Super cute background! Love the pocket with the letter.

Heather M said...

Such a cute LO! I like the stitched letters & heart. Also the silhouette of the boy & bear.

Linda said...

What a wonderful layout! I love the misted hexagons! So glad you found a way to include your son's words. That letter will be priceless years from now!

Lynn said...

This is so adorable. He is going to love this layout when he is older. My new puppy went into my son's room the other day and came proudly walking out with "Rudy Bear"..he is my son's teddy..and he is 20 years old!

Erin Blegen said...

SO sweet...love the envelope!! There are so many perfectly placed, wonderful details here- and your masking is great!!!

csewy said...

A darling layout!! Love the hexagon misting and your choice of colors. So sweet that you had Andrew write a little note to tuck inside the envelope!

Rita Barakat said...

Adorable and sweet! Love it!

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

Such a darling LO, and how wonderful that your son loves it so much too! Love the chicken wire mask! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

So Cute! I love it! The colors are awesome and all the details are perfect!

KellyF said...

Ooh I love the envelope! This layout is adorable.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS