Are you having fun?

Friday, March 2, 2012

I have had these photos sitting in a box for several months...maybe even more than a year. Yes, actually printed at a photo processing center and not just living in my computer. I don't know why when I am creating a new page, I don't turn to this box of photos more often. Instead I go to my photo library and start editing and printing new ones. I think a lot of times the photos in the box are just not inspiring me at that time. But on this particular day, these cute ones of Andrew playing with the toilet paper gave me an idea. That along with the recipe challenge at Club CK. Recipe challenges can be pretty fun but I usually only participate if I have all the ingredients and would use them anyway. I don't go out of my way to do a challenge if it's not something I would normally do or doesn't fit my style at all.

This recipe challenge called for:
  • 4x6 photos
  • use of a corner rounder
  • staples
  • baker's twine
  • at least 2 colored markers (mine were red for the journaling and navy blue for the hand drawn stitching)
I decided to try something new with the baker's twine. I even used some of that eyelet stash I have!I like using staples and other office supplies on my layouts. They work well on my predominantly boy pages!Yes, you are seeing correctly...there is a mistake in my journaling. I really don't like mistakes. Call that the perfectionist in me. In this case I wrote the word were instead of are which would have changed the whole tense of everything. I decided to cross it out and leave the error visible. I think it actually adds to the layout...giving it more character. Making it more real. I am human, right?

5 comments:

okanogangirl said...

Love that you let the mistake be there! Yes, we're all human, we all make mistakes - or maybe rahter change our mind after we start! This is super adorable.....

Devra said...

Super Cute. love the twine thru the eyelets.

Lynn said...

This is super cute! I love the journaling. I've just started going through my old photos of my kids when they were small. So many memories.

Erin Blegen said...

So cute- I also love staples!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is fab, fab Steffanie!! I love that you kept your photos large and were able to get three on your page! The rounded corners and straight corners give it a fun design! I love the twine threaded through the eyelets...and YAY for non-perfectionism and leaving your mistake! :) I am learning to do that more often too!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS