Valentine's Day Blog Hop

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hi! Welcome to the Valentine's Day Blog Hop brought to you by your friendly Club CK peeps! OK, I know it's not quite Valentine's Day yet but we wanted to give you enough time to create your own projects should you become inspired today! If you didn't arrive from Laura's blog, please go back to Amanda's blog and start there. I wouldn't want you to miss out on the fabulous giveaway she is offering or any of the wonderful stops along the way!
Our assignment this time around was to create a card using the supplies sent to us by Amanda. She provided 2 of the patterned papers, naked chipboard pieces and some bling. I added the background floral paper, the lined paper, ink, paint, Stickles, twine and embroidery floss. I was inspired by a card I saw at Kristina Werner's site and came up with this:
I mixed my acrylic paints to come up with just the right shade of rose red to use on the chipboard that would match my papers. I added Stickles to a couple of the chipboard pieces with my fingertip to tie into the embossed sparkly look of the papers in the banner. I hand drew stitching around the lined piece of paper. "Love" comes from an Ali Edwards stamp set. I lightly inked and then went over it with a journal pen. I hope you are inspired! Now please proceed to Heather's blog!

31 comments:

okanogangirl said...

Stinkin cute!!

VanEvera Family Blog said...

Beautiful! Love the banner!

"The Jule Box" said...

ooohhh, I love this!! You'r so good! :)

Becky said...

That is an adorable card!! Love that you used some paper with blue in it!

Hattie said...

Nice card - I love the banner.

Beth Hallgren said...

Love the banner and how you popped it up! Lovely :)

Stacia said...

This is amazing Steff!! What a pretty card...Someone is really going to appreciate this one!

Heather M said...

Love your banner! Such a cute card.

ELLEN said...

Amazing card! I love the fresh feeling of your floral paper and the banner. Makes me think of Spring.

kelsterjean said...

Beautiful beautiful card! I love the banner and the colors!

Cassie said...

I just love love love this card! The banner is just so cute on this!

Mandi said...

That too cute for words.

photochic said...

Oh I loooove the banner! The paper you added is so adorable! :)

melissajohnson8 said...

I love the colors in your card and the cute banner!

Megan D said...

Love the banner! How creative!

Snips and Snails said...

I love the banner! So cute.

Cheryl said...

What a great card! I love the banner!!

Martine said...

your card is so sweet! love your background paper, and the banner is so cute!!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Such an adorable card, Steffanie!

Connie said...

Love the floral paper!

Rita Barakat said...

What a sweeet card!

Derv said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. A very pretty feminine card.

bfran55 said...

Love the banner. Cute card!

Michelle H. said...

Beautiful card!!

Shanon said...

Gorgeous! I love the soft feel and the banner! Such a great way to use the pieces!

Ashley Horton said...

WOW Steffanie, this is a beautiful card!! I love the banner across your page and the cute little buttons and heart that you added to it!! Very, very pretty!!

DanaMK said...

I absolutely love your banner!!! And the "love" is awesome, understated but perfect.

Sabr said...

Such a darling little banner! Thank you for linking at Paper Issues!!

Cassie Box said...

This is just a fabulous card!!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Paper Issues! We featured you today:http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-banner-card.html

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh this is adorable! I saw this on the Paper Issues blog and had to drop by.

curlyqmosaics said...

This is such an ultra cute card! Love the banner and the floral paper!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS