Using Calendars

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Calendars are showing up everywhere in scrapbooking lately, used as design elements. Erika's ISSUE challenge last week over at Club CK was to do just that...include a calendar in your project. I have had this calendar stamp for quite a while now. I figured this was a great time to use it. The photos are from a birthday celebration for Jim, held at his parent's home.
Patterned papers and cardstock stickers are from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist collection. Chipboard alphas are from Crate Paper and repainted.
I used the mini sketch from Let's Get Sketchy for this layout but rotated it to suit my needs.
This layout is also inspired by the current challenge over at The Paper Variety. I loved the color combination---green/gray with pops of white and auburn. My gray ended up having a hint of kraft to it and I overall have more color than the inspiration piece, but it was initially inspired by the movie ad for Leap Year.
I plan to do a second page for this layout which will be more basic and include extra photos and details about the party. I might even use those divided page protectors I have collecting dust!

25 comments:

Mendi said...

Love how this turned out--So many thoughtful details! I have this paper collection that I won last National Scrapbook Day--I think I see a scraplift in my future! It's perfect! :)

Devra said...

This is so great! I admire how you work stamps into your LOs

titiyan said...

this so fun page!I love it!
Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Get Sketchy!!

Ashley Horton said...

Totally adorable Steffanie!! Love the dark background an how it makes all of your papers stand out! The banner is great and I love the 1, 2, 3, in your title! :)

SheShe said...

very pretty, love the calendar, great page, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

KellyF said...

You never cease to amaze me..this is awesome!!! Love the large banner pieces and that neat calendar stamp!! You really have a way with titles, they always stand out and look so cool!

Marilyn Peter said...

Love the colours and your title and great job rotating the sketch, looks great!!! Thanks for joining in at Let Get Sketchy.

Kyoko Matsumura (mini) said...

Precious photos!Love your title.Thank you for playing along with Let’s Get Sketchy!

Laurie LaRiviere said...

This is fantastic! love the calendars and how you flipped the sketch, very nicely done!!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wow! What fun details on your page!
Thanks for joining the mini Challenge at Let’s Get Sketchy!

Kathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Beth Hallgren said...

This layout is so cute! Love the banners and the title. Look how little your youngest is :)

Theresa said...

this is fabulous. thanks for taking the challenge with The Paper Variety.

Elaine Urbanowicz said...

Absolutely amazing! I love this layout!

marit said...

Absolutely lovely

Suzy said...

I always need ideas for birthday pages :) What a great layout! Love the calendar embellie.. thanks for the trendy tip :) Thanks for sharing at The Paper Variety! Happy "Leap Year"! :)
-Suzanne TPVdt

Carla said...

Such a great page - love the calendar! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Bev said...

fab job on the creation using the sketch.. thanks for playing along at LGS

Martine said...

love your LO Steffanie! love all the layers and details, like the paper clip!

csewy said...

Another super layout...love the bright colors, banner, title, and calendar. A neat version of the sketch!!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Ok this is amazing! I love the calendar ... what an awesome idea! And those two little pictures underneath it is a great way to add additional photos but not clutter the layout! Awesome job!

Lynn said...

I love this Steffanie! The calendar is the perfect addition to your layout! The colors, the design..fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at LGS!

Kerys said...

WOW! Great job! I love the calendar on your layout - I think I may have to try that one too! Love the MME papers too! Thanks for joining us at LGS! :-)

Sarah said...

Thanks for playing at LGS, love the layout.

Kerri said...

Great layout! Thanks for playing along! www.kerripowell.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

this is fantastic! thanks for taking the challenge with The Paper Variety.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS