The love that binds

Monday, February 27, 2012

I created this layout for the Thanks Living challenge going on over at Club CK hosted by Erika. It's based on creating layouts about things in your life that you are thankful for. Well, my husband is definitely one of them. So being February, the month of love, I though it would be a good time to showcase this using one of my favorite photos of the two of us. Of course, the page is not about where the photo was taken or even what we were doing at the time. It's more of a representation of something. In this case, my love for him. The title cues you into that theme. I used the design technique of visual hierarchy. By making some of the words in my title larger than others, it adds emphasis to them, giving them more (or less) visual weight. This tells you, the viewer, what this page is about and what I consider to be the most important. In the layout below, LOVE is the largest word in my title. This tells you my theme is love. Then second largest word is MAN. So the page is about my love for this man...presumably the one in the photo!
I tell you all of this because it was Erika's design lesson for February. Each month she gets us to think about what we are doing and why we are doing it. Some of us use these techniques with intent, others use them without even realizing it. I think I fall into the latter category, most of them time. With this page, it was definitely more intentional since it was the assignment!
Tucked behind the love notes tab is a personal letter written to my husband (for his eyes only!).
I love the look of corrugated elements but it can be very expensive to purchase all of the different shapes individually. My answer to this? My Silhouette and my paper crimping tool. The best part is that I can choose the paper!
If you want to find out more about the Thanks Living challenge and Erika's thinking*through*design lessons, you have a couple of different options. You can go to her blog HERE. Or you can check it out at Club CK and see all the wonderful layouts people are creating based on this challenge and her lessons.

9 comments:

KellyF said...

Very nice!! You really have a wonderful talent at adding a little here, a little there, and coming up with the perfect layout!! I'm loving the little button/twine and heart details, so cute!

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful page Steffanie! Great job following the visual hierarchy rule and the EP papers look so pretty one this. I love the twine tied around your photo and the little cluster at the corner!

andi said...

love those hearts! Everything looks wonderful.

Cassie said...

I really love this page! So pretty!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Great picture of you! (oh and your hubby too :)) Love the way you clustered your embellies and the love note idea.

Heather M said...

Very nice LO. I like the butterflies, hearts & banner.

Brianna Marshall said...

great layout!love that corrugated heart!!!

okanogangirl said...

I love the stitching around the page and the butterfly paper. Great way to get some girliness into your pages ;)

Moongirl said...

I love it! It's nice to see the whole photo too.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS