Just clownin' Around

Saturday, February 11, 2012

***please be sure to click on the image to the right to vote for me and help me get published!***

Here's a layout I created today. I have been wanting to use my friend Amanda's sketch for some time and I finally had a chance this morning to work with it. She has a challenge on her blog using this sketch until the end of the month if you'd like to participate---there IS a prize involved!
I also incorporated ISSUE Challenge #6 over at Club CK to create a hybrid layout. I decided to put to use all those digital papers I've been collecting. I purchased some presentation paper at Target and selected some coordinating Christmas papers to print. This was my first time doing this and I was quite pleased with the results. Standard cardstock just does not work!
Here is Amanda's sketch:
Here is my take on it:
As you can see, I rotated the sketch to accommodate my horizontal photos. Supplies: Digital papers are from Echo Park's Merry Christmas collection. Ribbon and Thickers (both red and white) are from American Crafts. Journaling font is Century Gothic. Border punch is Fiskars Upper Crest. Circle punch is from Stampin' Up. Lines around journal strips are hand drawn, using a ruler (of course!).

9 comments:

blsd2scrp said...

love this LO! left you some love over in the Club CK gallery!

okanogangirl said...

That
Is adorable!! Great rotation
Of the sketch to fit the pictures!!

Rita Barakat said...

Super cute! Good luck in the poll!!

Cheryl said...

I LOVE your take on this sketch!! Your layout is adorable!!

Martine said...

such a fun and cute LO! love all the colorful circles!

Michelle H. said...

Very beautiful LO!!

Lynn said...

Hi Steffanie! Just wanted to pop by again to say I hope you don't mind I copied your idea of putting the 'vote for me' post on the side of the blog. When I saw it...I went BRILLIANT!!! You think of the most amazing things!!!!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Fun layout!
I love how you rotated the sketch! :)

Jessie said...

It's fantastic! I voted for your CK LO too :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS