I know it's winter...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

...but I keep scrappin' fall! I can't help it. It's one of my favorite seasons to scrap. The photos are usually outdoors and don't tend to have the harsh lighting or shadows that summer photos can have. Plus, I just love the colors of fall and all the gorgeous scrapbooking products there are to choose from!
I'm still using photos from the same trip to the pumpkin patch back in 2005---the kids were so fun and I took a LOT of photos! I think this may be the last of them though...at least for that year.
I created the journal block using some stamps from Technique Tuesday. They are Today You journaling frames by Ali Edwards. The tree was fussy-cut from a piece of patterned paper. I'm a big fan of Jillibean Soup. This is their Apple Cheddar Soup collection. The FALL letters were stamped on patterned paper (I love the 6x6 pads for this!) and then cut out by hand. I used dimensional adhesive to pop them up and keep them from looking so flat.
The stitching along the bottom was hand-drawn...can you tell? I'm really happy with the left side, not so much with the right side. Oh well. Embrace imperfection, right?

7 comments:

ScrappinEweRobyn said...

I love your new LO! The stitching really caught my eye. I love all the yummy colors. I, too, love fall.

okanogangirl said...

Stitching! I love stitching. And great job popping up the letters to add more interest.

Ashley Horton said...

Great, great page Steffanie!! I LOVE doing Fall layouts too! The stitched flourish across the two pages is awesome!! And don't worry, today I did an Easter layout and a Christmas layout!! :)

Heather M said...

I like the stitching & the big pumpkin with the faces. So cute!

DanaMK said...

Very cute! Love the colours you used!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Great idea stamping the letters on different patterned paper and the cutting them out! I love the look of it! I might have to steal this idea and give it a try :) Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Fabulous layout! I know it's February, and I am still working on my December Daily so I know what you mean!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS