Back to School...in February?

Thursday, February 9, 2012

My scrapbooking is far from being caught up. I choose not to think about that. I scrap what I want, when I want...whatever inspires me at the moment. Today it was these photos taken last fall at the beginning of the school year---which is pretty recent when you look back at what I haven't scrapped!!! My boys do indulge me on occasion and they know that the beginning of the school year photo shoot is a MUST in my book. So here are these rather handsome boys of mine (if I do say so myself!).

This layout comes from a sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy! They are having a DT call and I thought I'd throw my name in the hat! What have I got to lose, right? I'm very proud of this page. I have many favorites of my own and this one definitely tops the list!
Patterned papers are from Bo Bunny (last year). I did some machine stitching and inked the edges of everything (seems to be one of my trademarks). Chipboard letters are from Cosmo Cricket. I hand-made the composition book which will house my journaling when I get to it (not my strong suit). Background shape and ruler were cut with my Silhouette. The little flashcards were cut from a piece of the patterned paper. Library pocket is from Stampin' Up!

5 comments:

SheShe said...

really great page, love that little notebook! Thanks for applying!

okanogangirl said...

Wonderful page. Great use of the tile embellishments.

Lilygirl said...

Great page!! Love the paper you chose!!

glorygirl said...

Loooove all the school accents on this page! Great take on the sketch!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

OMG! I love that little notebook! It's too stinking cute! Great job girl!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS