A 2 pager for you!

Monday, February 20, 2012

I have been on a bit of a roll with 2 pagers lately and I'm loving it! I used to create almost exclusively 2 page layouts but then started doing some singles...then more singles....I think I liked that I seemed to finish them quicker. Well, now I'm not so sure that's even true. I often have at least a few more photos that I still want to include to complete the story. So, I have made a step back to the 2 page layouts.
I was inspired by a sketch from Page Maps 2, specifically the one on page 32 and the layout on the next page by Kelly Goree. I loved the different borders she used and also the line of buttons under her photos on the right.
Shape on the left side was cut using my Silhouette. Loving my burlap lately!
I felt I needed some buttons on the left for balance so I put them next to my journaling block. I added just a little brown distress ink to the top of the corrugated alpha, otherwise leaving it untouched. I felt it added a bit of a "dirty" feel, like the ground they were running on.
Papers are from Echo Park's For The Record collection. Alphas in the title are from American Crafts, Echo Park and Jillibean Soup respectively. I really enjoyed using the different border punches together in this way. Something I probably wouldn't have thought to do without the inspiration from Kelly's layout!

10 comments:

DanaMK said...

Love it! I'm such a fan of 2-pagers and I love seeing how others do them. Love the line of buttons!

Pamela said...

Great layout!!! Love the buttons! :)

Heather M said...

I like your decorative borders & the silhouette shape. I have been trying to do more 2 page layouts.

Heidi said...

Great layout! Your 2 pg LO really flows nicely together and I like how you added the buttons on the side of your journaling card.

Looks like the kids had a lot of fun in the corn maze! Did they get all the way through?

photochic said...

How cute! I love love LOVE the burlap texture you added! For some reason, I just don't like anything I do with this EP line... maybe I need to get some inspiration from you! :)

Devra said...

I love all the details. Beautiful as always.

ScrappinEweRobyn said...

I love the title...........crimped letters are great. *****Note to self-----I need to lift this idea!!! Your use of buttons is amazing! Great LO!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Love this 2 pager! It's awesome and the buttons along the bottom are too cute! Fantastic paper choice too! Welcome back to the 2 pager realm :)

okanogangirl said...

I love how you put the different border punches together in a row but not stacked. Great job!

Queenie said...

Hiya Stephanie,
Popped on over from uk scrappers to see more.
Looove this double layout with the buttons,colours and the corrugated letters!!
We have a maze here in Fife and love going in the summer.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS