While I'm on a roll...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I seem to be posting a lot of 2 pagers lately so I figured why stop now. I wanted to revisit this one. I posted it in my top 10 for 2011 but I have never posted it before...either here or in any online gallery. I thought it deserved it's own posting and closer look. I was inspired by a layout I saw in the September 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes. It's on page 30 by Shelly Jaquet titled "An Ordinary Week with Extraordinary Days". I liked the overall design and colors. I created mine very similar in the choice of patterned papers and colors, the line of squares and the scalloped edge at the bottom. My photo layout, title placement and journaling are more in keeping with my own style. This is what I love about magazine inspiration---you can take what you want and not what you don't. You make it work for you. Thanks, Shelly and CK :-)
Patterned papers, journal spot, remember sticker and cream letters are all from Jillibean soup. Brown tiny type letters from Cosmo Cricket. PATCH cut with my Silhouette. Miscellaneous buttons, twine and rick-rack. Red machine stitching along bottom. Fiskars Threading Water border punch. all edges are inked in dark brown. Bird house fussy-cut from a piece of patterned paper.Thanks for taking a closer look at one of my faves from 2011!

7 comments:

Stacia said...

Very pretty Steph. The color combination is really nice

Beth Hallgren said...

I really loved this one when you posted it before. The crisp white matting makes the photos pop off the page and the embellie cluster is so cute :)

KellyF said...

Another 2-pager to love!! The pp squares definitely "make" this layout..I also love the pattern in the word "patch" looks great!!

okanogangirl said...

Great clean lines. I agree that the white matting really makes the pictures pop.

scrappyhappymom said...

I love this! You are on a roll with your layouts! Also...I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. I have enjoyed your blog and want to share the award that was recentely given to me with you. The award is given to up and coming blogs and is awarded by your peers. Please stop by my blog for more details. Congratulations.

blsd2scrp said...

love the colors! great balance and energy!

csewy said...

A very sharp looking layout...the colors, matted photos, title, and the inches make for super neat layout!! Love the red in the title! Glad that I am trying to catch up on the CK gallery tonight!! WTG!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS