Looking back at 2011...creatively

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 was a big year for me in terms of scrapbooking. I was published in a special issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. I became a part of the Craft Warehouse Design Team. Both of these firsts for me and...well, HUGE. I was recently a guest designer at ScrapGal for the month of December and co-hosted a Fall Crop with them prior to that. I also had the spotlight at ScrapFIT for winning one of their challenges. I have had several recognitions over at Club CK in their weekly gallery highlights along with some recognitions at a few other blogs I frequent and participate in. All in all, a really good year.

In looking back over my work and trying to select my top 10 layouts, I decided to do a productivity count. I definitely felt that I had not created near the volume of layouts that I had done the previous year. In 2010 I kept a running tally and it was just over 100 pages, in addition to about 50 cards. This year---here's how my work stacked up:
40 cards
2 note card sets
52 layouts (most single page-a trend in my work that I'm noticing)
2 mini books
4 altered items
1 banner
5 tile coaster sets
Not bad. I know my work is changing and I put a lot of time and detail into the work I do. So I'm still happy even though not as many photos got scrapped. I should mention that I do have about 10 layouts, several 2 pagers, that I didn't count because they are laying in my "need finishing" pile. This year, I'm going to keep a running tally again...I think it helps to keep me motivated.

I'm still working on narrowing down my top 10 layouts but I do have my top 5 cards to share!
In no particular order, here they are:
Check back later to see my top 10 layout picks!

6 comments:

blsd2scrp said...

beautiful cards!

Beth Hallgren said...

Gorgeous! Congratulations on a great year :)

Heather M said...

Congrats on all your success this year!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Super adorable cards, Steffanie! :)

scrappyhappymom said...

All of your cards are fabulous! I love the inspiration. These are great ideas to inspire to create more cards of my own.

Stacia said...

Your cards are beautiful!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS