Finishing up some pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

I am fortunate enough to be able to get away with my scrappy friends twice a year to the beach for a weekend crop. It's a great chance to get a lot of scrapping done in a short amount of time. Usually though, it means I come home with a stack of layouts that still need some finishing. I rarely journal when I'm at a crop (I seem to need quiet time for that). Or maybe I didn't have the right letters for my title or I want a different embellishment that I didn't bring. These pages come home and go into a stack that I eventually get to...when I'm in the right mood. Well, with it being a new year, I'm tidying up my space and that includes finishing these pages. It seems only right that I do this before beginning something new. Here are a few of them.
This layout I actually started in a class I took last March at the CK Convention. Yes, I realize that was nearly a year ago. It needed photos and something for the center scalloped frame. But even after that it seemed like it still needed something. Yesterday it finally came to me---some stitching! While I was doing that I had an idea for the title and had some letters in mind. I think I did a pretty good job of making this page my own.
This one is made using some of the scraps left over from one of my CKC classes. Pretty simple. I popped up some clouds and cut out a couple butterflies. The postage stamp looking border I made myself using a circle punch.
This layout is inspired primarily by the photos and the owl. Together they helped me come up with the title. I have a lot of the DCWV Green Stack left and really wanted to use some of these cute animals. I stamped the pattern on the white chipboard frames. Different from many of my other layouts...but I like it.
Come back tomorrow when I will share a couple of 2 pagers!

6 comments:

Stacia said...

Cute layouts Steff!

Ashley Horton said...

These are all SO cute Steffanie!! It is so fun to get out to a crop every once in a while!! :)

Beth Hallgren said...

Great idea for the border! Congrats on getting some of those page stragglers done, I have a few of those to do too :)

Becky said...

Oh, I love those pages, all of them are great!!

Pamela said...

These are fabulous! :)

Linda said...

Great layouts,Stephanie! I especially love the stitching on the first one!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS