As promised...some 2 pagers!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I remember when I almost exclusively did 2 page layouts. Over the past few years there has been a definite progression to more single page layouts. I'm not really sure why...it just is. So I'm particularly excited about these next layouts, because they are a bit more rare for me.
This layout is inspired by an Allison Davis sketch from Sketch Support. I also incorporated one of her add-on sketches (the cupcake). I used Echo Park's Playground collection.I had been wanting to scrap these photos for a long time but with it being his 1st birthday, I wanted it to be special. I think I finally found the right everything to do just that!This next one was a lot of fun to make. I was inspired by a layout I saw on one of my favorite scrapper's blogs, Beth Hallgren! I loved what she did with her layout titled Kiddie Pool. I would point you to it but wouldn't you know, it's been pulled for publication! Good for you, Beth! I knew it was a good one! I loved the grid design and how she used a piece of patterned paper with a small square print. I have had this particular paper in my stash for years and it gave me great satisfaction to pull it out and finally use it.
I downloaded the umbrella and sunglasses from the Silhouette store. I love how the large O's in the title letters actually look like the inner-tubes you blow up and use in the pool. The small letters I stamped and trimmed, then popped up with dimensional adhesive.
To add in more depth, I cut some additional squares and popped them up over existing ones in just a few places.
And since I was doing all this popping up, I thought it only right to pop up the journaling, too!

14 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

I see why you're excited about these Steffanie...both totally adorable!! I love the titles on both of your pages and all of the little details you added into the layouts!

scrappyhappymom said...

These are awesome! I'm loving the cupcake on the birthday layout and I love how you 'popped' the journaling and squares on your pool layout. I haven't done a two page layout in a long time either, and your inspiration is motivating to do one now!

Moongirl said...

Oh, I love the tile! Very poolish

Stacia said...

Steff, I just love the first layout! Sketch support is one of my favorites!!

Cassie said...

Love both layouts! So cute!!

GLOANN said...

Love 'em both, but 1st birthday is my fave. You do such great work, Steffi.

KellyF said...

Awesome layouts!! I love that you can do two pagers, and still add so much detail. That is part of the reason that I stay away from the doubles, I feel that I have a hard time embellishing them, but you really rocked it!! I love the fun grid design in the pool one, with all the popped up elements, very cool!! The first one, is so adorable, of course! Gotta love the cupcake!

PattyC said...

Adorable ... love the circles on the cupcake ... super cute!

Erin Blegen said...

Wow, you rock the two pagers!! Such detail and yet so clean and perfect- I love them both, but I especially love your little cupcake!! Awesome :)

Heather M said...

Cute Birthday Lo. Birthday LOs are so much fun to create. I like the pop ups on your pool LO too.

Beth Hallgren said...

Amazing layouts Steffanie! I honestly didn't see the "Kiddie Pool" design until you mentioned it...you rocked it :)

Megan D said...

Love the cupcake on the 1st birthday LO! And the tiles that pop are really cute!

DanaMK said...

Love both of them. Will definitely have to add to my faves!

Linda said...

Great layouts! Love the cupcake!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS