Layouts to share

Saturday, December 3, 2011

I have had this insane stack of layouts collecting that need finish work. Some need journaling, some a title...whatever it be, they are just not done. In the past week I have managed to finish up a few of these and I want to share!

This first one I actually did for the December photo challenge that I am hosting over at ScrapGal. I am their guest designer this month! My challenge is to use photo booth style photo strips on your layout. Mine are not from an actual photo booth but rather created and printed at home. And since I had the ability, I chose to make them larger than traditional photo booth size. The layout design is from a sketch by Ashley Horton.Products are Jillibean Soup's Atomic Soup collection (patterned paper, sticker embellishments and journal spot). All can be found in the ScrapGal store. Blue chipboard alpha, baker's twine and button are from my stash. I am notorious for saving the journaling for last. On this layout, I originally thought I would put journal strips in the lower right corner. However, once I got that far I decided it might be too busy. So I opted for some hidden journaling instead. Not because I had anything secret to say, but just because I didn't want to distract the eye from the rest of the page.
This next one is kinda plain but I think it really works for the photos. The colors are pretty washed out on this cloudy over cast summer day at the coast. I stuck to the softer color palette and just added some punches of navy to match Nicholas' clothing. Patterned papers are from Stampin' Up! Here is the last one for today. I love how bright the photos and patterned papers look on the white background. This is Echo Park's Splash collection. The layout design is from a 2 page sketch I saw at Sketch Support.Thanks for sticking with me and taking a look! Hopefully I will complete a few more in the near future :-)

2 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Love all 3! I have some of that Jillibean paper. I've been saving it for pics of Science Olympiad, now you've inspired me to pull them out :)

PattyC said...

So cute! I love that Jillibean paper too! I have had it sitting in my pile of paper waiting for an idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS