Got Santa?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another layout to share! This one showcases one of my favorite photos of the boys with Santa (well, one of his many helpers, anyway!). I was inspired by 2 people for this page---Erika over at Club CK, and Mary Jo at ScrapGal. Each had a different challenge. Erika's was to journal in a shape other than a traditional circle, square or rectangle. This is where the idea to mask and mist a tree shape came from. Mary Jo's was a sketch challenge. Using both of their examples as my inspiration, this is what I came up with:
Patterned paper and border sticker are from Echo Park's Season's Greetings collection. Small brown letters are from Creative Memories. American Crafts Thickers alphas were white---I painted them red and put a satin glaze on so they wouldn't be so flat. I didn't have a question mark with this set so I took an ampersand and trimmed it to make my own. Star on top of tree is from an older Crate Paper collection. Gems are again older, American Crafts. Glimmer Mist color is Mustard Seed. Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

What a cool idea for the journaling and love the misting!

csewy said...

Love your tree/journaling layout, very cute!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS