Finishing my Guest DT spot at ScrapGal

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

This month I have had the honor of being guest designer over at ScrapGal. Today on their blog they have posted the 3 layouts that I created for them using some of the products that can be purchased in their store. I have posted 2 of the 3 on my blog already, here and here. This is the last one that I did on Monday---just a day before it was due! Talk about procrastination! But we'll just blame it on the holiday craziness, OK?
The overall design for this page comes from a sketch at Sketch Support. The atoms and title letters were cut using my Silhouette. Patterned papers and photos all have inked edges. Using mini photos is a great way to incorporate several photos onto a page. I chose my favorite photo and made it a little larger then used the smaller ones to support the story. I love the look of stitching and often will do some hand stitching or machine stitching. But sometimes just some simple hand drawn stitch lines are just as good. I did this around the large circle in the upper left corner. I would like to say, don’t be afraid to cut pre-made embellishments, die-cuts and journal spots to make them work for you. I cut one of the journal spots and used part of it above the large photo at top right and the rest to the left for actual journaling. I also cut the future scientist arrow out of a round die-cut.
I'd like to give a big shout out and thank you to ScrapGal for inviting me to guest design for them this month. I had a good time! I hope you will go and visit their blog and also the forums (look for gal talk). They have several challenges each month and give away some wonderful prizes! There is still a few days left to get in on the December challenges!

3 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

This layout is Awesome! I've been meaning to scrap some Science Olympiad photos and I have some of this paper in my stash :)

Pamela said...

Love this!!!! Great layout! :)

DanaMK said...

Love this layout! I think all the rounded corners and circles are perfect.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS