Latest Design Team work

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My 3rd assignment from Craft Warehouse included this yummy Farmhouse collection from Crate Paper. Great quality, awesome prints and patterns, gorgeous colors...LOVE them!
We had 2 projects for this assignment. The first was to alter a wooden wall plaque. We were given a vinyl phrase to include in the final product. I chose to create a sunray design with my papers, placing my phrase slightly off-center with clustered embellishments in 3 spots. This proved to be much harder than I thought. You see, I'm really more of a minimalist. I don't typically use a ton of product on my pages. I will go just so far and then stop. So this challenged me. The amount of product given to me was so generous and I really wanted to represent it well. So I played and played until I felt comfortable with it. Although I will admit, even after it was finished it took several days of seeing it haning on my door before I could really say that I liked it. I think the clusters that I created are tastefully done, it just takes getting used to all that busy-ness together in one place. Thank goodness I decided to put the large solid colored oval on there!
Next was a 12x12 layout. I knew right away that I wanted to use a sketch from my friend and talented sketch designer, Ashley Horton. She has recently discovered this hidden talent in herself and has been kind enough to share it with all of us! Thank you, Ashley!
I went for a vintage feel with my photos. It's actually a hand-tinted vintage look I learned from Jessica Sprague. Just about everything I know about altering photos, I learned from her.
Here is Ashley's sketch:

As you can see, I'm totally addicted to making pleated flowers---there's just a few of them included above ;-)! I also got to use some kraft resist paper from Tim Holtz. It's the dark brown scalloped circles in my layout. This stuff is kinda fun to work with! Til next time...

10 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Wow, great projects Steffanie!! You did an awesome job with the Farmhouse collection and I love the way you used my sketch for your layout! Totally adorable!

Pamela said...

Fabulous work!!! :)

PattyC said...

I love the flowers! So cute!

Hope said...

great projects! I have some of the farmhouse line and you've given me great ideas on how to use it!

Adele said...

Absolutely wonderful, Steff! I'm like you, though... a minimalist! I think you did a great job with the clustering, though. That Farmhouse (or whatever it was called) is really cute!

GLOANN said...

Hard to believe you're not comfortable with using a lot of embellishing as these are both so beautifully done. Love, love, love both of them.

Becky said...

Your sign and your LO are adorable!!! Craft Warehouse is lucky to have you!!!

Moongirl said...

I love these!!! They are just adorable!

KellyF said...

I think that plaque is absolutely gorgeous, would love to hang it in my kitchen!!! Your layout is too cute, too!!

andi said...

love everything! Everything looks fantastic!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS