Giving Thanks

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In less than 2 days, we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner here at our house. Including us, there will be 18-20 people. We have done this for several years (with the exception of last year) so it's not anything new. But, I'm feeling the itch to try something new. Something meaningful. Having an idea in my head, I came up with this banner. It only says THANKS but with Andrew's help and some old blocks, "giving" is spelled out above on the mantle. The idea is that guests will take a smaller leaf, write a short message of something they are thankful for and then clip it to the banner with a mini clothespin. I'm not sure if we will read them out loud at some point or just let people read them on their own....that has yet to be determined. I just like the idea of documenting what we are thankful for.
Sorry the photos are less than stellar. Good natural lighting is hard to come by right now! Also, if you want to see the image larger, just click on it.
All leaves are cut using my Silhouette. I added some veining with embroidery floss. Paper is from Paper Loft, Autumn Splendor collection.
Thanks for visiting. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

JayKaye said...

Beautiful banner, and beautiful idea. Happy Thanksgiving.

Moongirl said...

Those leaves are awesome!

photochic said...

I love how you stitched on some of the leaves- that really adds interest to each one. Great leave shapes-- sometimes I wish I had a Silhouette!

Tulip Scrapper said...

Totally cute! I love the idea of writing what you are thankful for on the leaves.

Becky said...

Love the banner! How did it go? Did your guests write on the leaves??

PattyC said...

I love the leaves. The embroidery floss adds such nice detail to the leaves! Lovely!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS