Sweet Summertime

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I LOVE summer. It's my favorite season. I love the warmth on my skin, the long days, being able to eat outdoors... I'm sure a lot of that is due to the fact that I live in a part of the US where the summers are not blistering and humid. They are also not very long which probably makes me appreciate them even more. This layout just really showcases summer for me. I remember as a kid thinking that the summers felt so long and leisurely. I loved it...but I was also ready to go back to school when Labor Day came around. Why is it that as an adult, summer seems to fly by? Like I never seem to get to all the activities that I planned to do? If someone knows how to slow it down again, will you share it with me?

This layout is inspired by Sketch #18 at Frosted Designs. I also incorporated several challenges:
1. Club CK blog challenge to use stitching on a layout
2. ScrapFIT Weekend Warm-Up #9 to use patterned paper as an embellishment
3. ScrapFIT Work-Out #47 to use the color yellow and a clock to represent summer and time


I used some items I won in a kit from Free Hand Scraps. The patterned papers and sticker border are from Pink Paislee House of 3. The alphas are from Cosmo Cricket, American Crafts, Jillibean Soup and Doodlebug Designs. I used a little ink and some Stickles on the corrugated alphas so make them sparkle...like the summer sun!

14 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Cute pic of your boys Steffanie! Such a sunshiney, summery layout :)

csewy said...

So very cute...love the colors and the title/border. Looks like fun!!!

Missy Whidden said...

This is gorgeous!! I love everything about it...I'm so happy to have you playing along with us at ScrapFIT!! You totally rocked it!

Karin said...

Great use of the sketch, I love your twist of it. beautiful page love the yellow background.
Thanks for joining us on Sketch Along Tuesdays @ Frosted Designs. Hugs!

Fern said...

I love your page!! The colors are so bright and cheery.. perfect for the summer photo of your boys!! Thanks for joining us over at Sketch Along Tuesday/Frosted Designs!! Hugs!

KellyF said...

Love your take on the sketch, Steffanie! The yellow is so cheerful and fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Along Tuesdays/Frosted Designs!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Great layout Steff! I love the yellow background paper! it's perfect!

Jessica said...

Fabulous! I love the sunny yellow background and how you changes up the blocks in the background from the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Sketch Along Tuesday at Frosted Designs!

li-bee-ti said...

Great cheerful layout!
I love how you turned my sketch into your own and the embellishmenta re just perfect.
Thank you for playing with us at Sketch Along Tuesday @ Frosted Designs.

Sara Zenger said...

Yellow is your color! This layout looks fabulous! Thanks for Working Out with us a ScrapFIT!

Angela said...

Love your Lo!! So eye-catching!! Thank you for sharing with us at frosted designs this week xx

kissinia said...

Great take on the sketch. Really beautiful page. Many thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!

Nanne said...

oh what an absolutely adorable summer themed layout.. love the colors and that textured font is so much fun...
thnx for playing along with us over at Frosted Designs..
hugs
Nanné

MARILYN said...

Very lovely page!! love the corrugate letters. Thanks for playing with us at ScrapFIT!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS