Look, Mom...

Monday, July 18, 2011

OK, this layout goes way back. Andrew was barely over a year old. He was going through this stage of pulling everything out of the cupboards and drawers with the sole purpose of climbing into them. I love that I captured this smile...so proud of himself! One of the best things about being a mom is watching your child explore and discover and delight in everything they do.

This page was created with a couple of challenges in mind. It was based on the latest sketch from Sketchy Thursdays. I also used trim and buttons for the July product challenge at ScrapGal. And there's a spattering of pink in it so I also submitted this over at Club CK for the challenge to use honeysuckle pink...the latest HOT color!


I paper-pieced the large flower, mimicking the flower faces in the wavy border. I used basic circle punches and my CM circle cutter, free-handed the stem and leaves, chalked for depth and then raised with dimensional adhesive.

4 comments:

Julie said...

This is adorable! Love the colors and how the flower matches so well.

csewy said...

So sweet...love how you scrapped the sketch, the large flower is the perfect touch!!! Love all of the little faces (buttons)!! Congratulations on being published in the newest Tips & Tricks!! I can't wait to get mine so that I can show the girls!! So fun!!

stefani said...

Cute layout. That photo is precious! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! ADORABLE photo and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the big flower! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS