Beyond measure...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I don't get an opportunity to do many feminine layouts, having 2 boys and little desire to surround then in flowers or pink...at least not all the time. When I started looking through my stash for something to go with these photos of Andrew and Meme, I stumbled across a kit from Melissa Frances dated...(dare I admit)...2004! Shock, I know, to all of you that I would have hoarded something this long. It had never been touched. Well, I know I have opened it many times...only to put everything back and not use it. Too pretty. But thanks to my mother-in-law, a.k.a. Meme, these pretty papers are now out of the bag! I created the pleated flower myself...only my 2nd ever. I used a border punch and inked first, then creased, folded, glued and embellished. I struggled with the banner a bit---looked too plain. But after adding the tiny punched flowers and pearl accent, I liked it. Title was cut using my Silhouette (font is CAC Pinafore). This layout is inspired by the sketch for 7-14-11 at Sassy Lil' Sketches.


4 comments:

Tone K. said...

Really cute, pretty and cosy ! and I love your pretty flower ! :o)
Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Lil' Sketches! :o)

Moongirl said...

Really cute!

csewy said...

A precious layout...love the banner and flower!! Your photos are darling!!

Auntie Em said...

Cute LO for such a little sweetie!I am sure Grandma will love it!
The rosette is a gorgeous embellishment. I love how you did the punched border for it. Nice work!
Thanks for sharing! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS