Sketch along with Frosted Designs

Friday, June 24, 2011

This is my first time participating in a Frosted Designs sketch challenge. I have to say, at first glance, this really wasn't a sketch that spoke to me...at all! But the more I looked at it and the work of those on the DT, I thought..."I can do this".


And here is what I came up with:


Instead of having a small band going all the way across both pages, I used a wide piece of patterned paper and stretched that across to connect both sides. I decided to go with a rectangular photo instead of oval (oval seemed to formal for my layout). I was going to use journaling strips but ended up going with a block-style of journaling instead. I felt I need something more solid to break up the busy-ness of the patterned paper.

Here are close ups of both sides. Note the full reflection of Andrew in the bottom right photo!



I used my Stardust gel pen on the title letters that were cut using my Silhouette. The font is CK Hopscotch (a great fun font for layouts with kids). The sand dollars and starfish were also cut with my Silhouette and then distressed with some ink. I stamped the smaller words in the title and popped them up with dimensional adhesive.


9 comments:

Joni Parker said...

Wow...I'm so glad you took on the sketch!!! YOU ROCKED IT!!! Isn't he the sweetest thing... the pics of him are really really nice!! (I like the one on the lower right with the reflection!!) Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesday!

csewy said...

I love your layout using the sketch!! The blue in the photos is so pretty and looks really nice with the kraft paper...great choice of paper!! I am like you, I didn't really like this sketch but I might have to give it a try after seeing your layout!! A super neat title!!

Beth Hallgren said...

He is so cute Steffanie :) The sketch doesn't show up for me, just a box with an "x".

Debbie said...

Love your take on the sketch!!! Adorable pictures and a cute layout! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays!

Tulip Scrapper said...

Way to go Stef! You're right, that picture of your DS with his reflection is awesome, as is your page.

debbiebakk said...

What some great photography with these adorable pics- this 2 page will be such a nice addtion to your scrapbook collection- I'm sure. Thanks for taking the time to join us here at Sketch Along Tuesdays

li-bee-ti said...

Great take on the sketch, and I'm glad you joined us :) please come back again :))).
The photos are too cute! especially the one with the refelection!
I agree with you about the journaling block, and I envy you for such a long journaling! Way to go, girl!
Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Along Tuesday @ Frosted Designs.

Auntie Em said...

Great take on the sketch! Love the colours.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Fern said...

So happy you tried the sketch! You did a fabulous job with it and the photos are absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketch Along Tuesday/Frosted Designs... We have another sketch reveal tomorrow... Would love for you to join us again!! Hugs!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS