Busy with cards!

Monday, June 20, 2011

It seems there have been a lot of cards to make lately! I can't remember the last time I purchased a card and can't even imagine doing so. Seems crazy when I have a room overflowing with supplies...and I enjoy doing it. They provide pretty instant gratification...at least when you compare it to how slow I complete a scrapbook page!
This first one was made for my sister-in-law, Lynn. We had dinner at Outback Steakhouse with the fam and then went over to the parents' house for cake and ice cream. Yum! My inspiration came from an add-on sketch over at Sketch Support for the argyle pattern. I have always loved pink and green together and throw in a little brown---perfect!
This next one I made for my niece, Megan, who just graduated from Oregon State University. Go Beavs!!! Anyway, I cannot believe it's been 4 years already! She is actually off to U of O next year for further schooling.
This was probably one of my quickest cards to make. Pre-made embellies really help! The design inspiration came from a card I saw over at Kristina Werner's blog.
These next 3 are for Father's Day...as if that wasn't obvious! Making masculine cards can be a bit of a challenge. So many cards have flowers and cutesy stuff all over them that just don't work for guys. And believe it or not, I don't have a lot of guy papers that aren't too little boyish---KWIM? Anyway, I think these worked out pretty good.



5 comments:

csewy said...

Awesome cards!! I really like the flowers and colors in the pink, green and black, very sharp!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Cute cards Steffanie! I especially like the Father's day ones with the argyle :)

Auntie Em said...

What a great bunch of cards! No wonder you never buy cards anymore. They would never be as pretty as these. I love the argyle card!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Susan said...

Your cards are so cute, you are good at them! I love your blog. I have to learn a few things on how to add those cute little photos on the side. Great job. We are now bloggers!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely creation!
The photo of your creation also reminded me when I used to lived in an apartment in NJ, I had to take photo of my project near the window, and only in the morning where there was natural light.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS