Design Team Submissions

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

For our submission entries, we had to make 2 cards, 2 layouts and one project. I have my project, a mini book, pictured first. It started as naked chipboard. I covered all the pages with patterned paper and sanded the edges for a finished look. Many of the paper edges inside the book are also sanded. I mixed different paint colors to get the right shading on the letters for the cover (they started as naked grunge board). I love to add stitching around my title letters to give them more character. The paper airplane was a fun element to add for the boy theme. Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend line.
Next is this card made using an add-on handmade embellishment I saw at Sketch Support. The little mug is super easy to make. I then hand-cut all the little marshmallows! I added some chalk to shade and add depth. I loved using the doilie---kind of adding to the cup in a saucer theme. American Crafts Dear Lizzy Enchanted line.
With this card I finally broke out my Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 papers! Loved using these for this card. Really gave it an aged elegant look, I think. I hand-cut the flames, stitched the wicks and raised them all up with pop-dots. This came out even better than I expected!
Tons of detail in this layout. I painted the edges to simulate snow drifts. I inked all the photos and papers. I put extra cardstock behind the photos to give them just a tiny bit of lift. Handstitching. For the corrugated alphas, I gently inked the top ridges with red ink, then used my finger to apply some stickles on top of that. I added snowflakes behind the circle punches for the year. I have to say, this is one of my favorite layouts I've ever done. Echo Park Wintertime papers.
This last layout used the Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend papers again. I did some machine stitching on this one, a subtle zig-zag frame. I love banners---they work so well for boy-themed pages!
Wow. That was a lot to share. Thanks for sticking with me through this very long, photo heavy post!

12 comments:

Emeraldvalkyrie said...

Awesome work!

Jennifer Larson said...

Just lovely! I regret not getting that EP paper. You did a lovely job with it.

csewy said...

I love all of the detail in your mini album, cards, and layouts!! I really like the snow layout, I can see why it is a favorite!!

Laura said...

All of your work is amazing Steff! Congratulations again!

DanaMK said...

Steffi, your work is fantastic! I'm really looking forward to seeing all your great projects. I find your work really inspirational. :)

photochic said...

I saw some of these on the Craft Warehouse DT list. They're AMAZING! I think you totally deserved this design team spot! I know you'll be a great addition to the team! :) CONGRATS!

"The Jule Box" said...

Hi Steffanie! Thank you for your comment on my blog....I smiled when I read it:) I hope to get to know you and learn from you too! I really love your style....and I need to branch out into different ways to scrap....your style is one I wanna learn!! Thanks again so much!! Jules:)

suzeyq said...

Awesome work, Steffanie! I did complete the LO that was a lift of yours... unfortunately, forgot my camera so my sister took a pic for me. Then DH forgot the flashdrive to copy it to. My sister wasn't able to figure out how to send it to me. Eventually I will post it in the gallery!

okanogangirl said...

You rocked it girl!!!!! Still love that mini album with the paper airplane!!!

Cara G said...

Fabulous entries Steffanie! I love your attention to detail, and all the little extras you do to make everything special. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog too. I'm excited to be on the team with you.

Missy Whidden said...

Wow! I love everything I see! You are so very talented!! Thanks for playing with us at ScrapFIT!

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

So many fab projects. Love your technique work on your LO!! Thanks for joining our Weekend Warm-up at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS