Blog Party: Scraplift Challenge

Sunday, May 22, 2011

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm participating in a blog party hosted here at Craft Warehouse. On Friday there was a scraplift challenge posted. Well, in the craziness of life that is a weekend, it took me until now to complete it!
Here is the original layout done be Elizabeth Wiederspohn:
And here is mine. It ended up taking quite a departure from the original layout, starting with rotating the sketch to accomodate my photos better. From there, I just did what felt right for the page. I also managed to incorporate another challenge from Rayette Hesla---her challenge was to make handmade flowers. I'd never made these before but think they turned out pretty well!
Thanks for the challenges, ladies!

8 comments:

Tulip Scrapper said...

Great lift Steffanie. That is an awesome hill to climb . . . I'd die making it to the top! Your flowers turned out great!

suzeyq said...

Love the flowers you made, especially the stitched leaves! Another great LO!

Mendi said...

Love how you switched up the sketch a bit to match your photos! Those stitched leaves are wonderful! :)

csewy said...

A neat lift of the original, I really like your flowers and stitched leaves!! Super photos in the fact that they tell the story without saying much!!

PattyC said...

Cute! I love the stitching on the flower!

DanaMK said...

I love it! Great colour combination and your choice of PP is wonderful! Love your homemade flowers and the stitched leaves. Great, great layout, Steff!

Andrea said...

Your LO is excellent Steffanie!

Cara G said...

Nice job on this challenge Steffanie! I like the way you changed things up to make it work with the photos. I'm looking forward to being on the DT with you this year!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS